Saturday, January 15, 2011

An event which changes my life..

I think there is no one reading my blog, so i dun mind posting it here...

Last saturday, my father suddenly broke down and being quiry to have stroke. When he admitted to the ward for further observation, he was still find and able to walk or sit up..

Since i am a nursing student in my family, i am expected to take care of my father in the ward. From Sun and Mon, i have taken care of him in the hosp. I've seen him progressively deteriorating where he from can walk on his own to unable to walk, arm strength from good to very weak.. Another thing was, my father is stubborn. He stubborn in the sense that, he refuse to urinate into a urinal bcz he dun wan ppl to throw his urine for him.. He want to walk to toilet to pass urine. At night, he tried to climb the bed to go toilet, fortunately the patient on the opposite bed saw and press the nurse bell.

Thank god that he can be discharged to home on tuesday.

At home, he is very demotivated. The left leg strength become 0 at home compare when he was in hosp. I do not know whether is his psychological prob affecting him or he really cant perform it. I tried to motivate him, but at the same time, he is demotivating me..
I wish my bro could talk to him more and help to do more passive exercise. Bcz my father would feel that i am his only daughter who help him, his other 2 son never help.

My papa is now easily fell sleep. especially after meal time. I worry he will get depression. I knew we need more time for him, in fact, i need to complete my own academic assignment, research assignment and daily homework from my lecturer. But bcz i spent all my time with my father after i back home from uni, i have no time or enerygy for my work... Furthermore, my backache and neck ache started to attacking me now.. I cant hold my father for now..

I hope i could get more help from my brothers... I wish they can spend more time with papa at home... I really hope that...

1 comment:

Yeng Fai said...

只想讓你知道,這部落格不是沒人在看的..雖然是遲了點。。呵呵~加油啊!